2019 Tea Cosy Challenge
Tuesday 20 to Sunday 25 August 2019
Anyone may enter the “Challenge”, as many times as you like.
One entry form to be sent with each completed creation
You may belong to a club, be a sewer, knitter or a novice! You might get together with friends to make your Tea Cosy. Crazier and quirkier is fun!
TEA COSIES MUST BE MADE BY THE CONTESTANT and can be of any material.
1) Country Capers
2) Rivers to the Sea
3) Spring into Spring
6) Paddock to the Plate
7) Treasured Memories – make a cosy OR enter your favourite antique or vintage cosy, which does not have to be made by the contestant
$500 Cash for “Tea Cosy of the Year”
$100 Cash for “Category” Winners
The “2019 Tea Cosy of the Year” will not be eligible for a “Category” first prize.
How to Enter:
- Post or hand deliver your Tea Cosies before Sunday 21 July 2019
- The Tea Cosies will be safely stored by Dungog Tea Party.
- During August your entry will be judged and may be used for publicity for the Dungog Tea Party event and the Tea Cosy Challenge. The Judge’s decision is final.
- All Tea Cosies entered will be on display for the duration of the exhibition, which will run from Tuesday 20 to Sunday, 25 August 2019.
- Winners will be announced on Tuesday 20 August – the opening day of the Dungog Tea Party.
- Your Tea Cosy may be collected from Thursday 29 August 2019. If you are unable to collect, we will post your tea cosy creations back to you. Please note that your Tea Cosy will not be posted unless return postage has been paid for, we will invoice this individually after the event is completed.