2020 Tea Cosy Challenge
Tuesday 18 to Sunday 23 August 2020
Anyone may enter the “Challenge”, as many times as you like.
One entry form to be sent with each completed creation
You may belong to a club, be a sewer, knitter or a novice! You might get together with friends to make your Tea Cosy. Crazier and quirkier is fun!
TEA COSIES MUST BE MADE BY THE CONTESTANT and can be of any material.
1) Bottom of my Garden
3) Farmyard Friends
5) Wild and Wacky
7) Treasured Memories – make a cosy OR enter your favourite antique or vintage cosy, which does not have to be made by the contestant
$500 Cash for “Tea Cosy of the Year”
$100 Cash for 1st place “Category” Winners
$50 Case for 2nd place “Category” Runner Ups
The “2020 Tea Cosy of the Year” will not be eligible for a “Category” first prize.
How to Enter:
- Post or hand deliver your Tea Cosies before Sunday 19 July 2020
- The Tea Cosies will be safely stored by Dungog Tea Party.
- During August your entry will be judged and may be used for publicity for the Dungog Tea Party event and the Tea Cosy Challenge. The Judge’s decision is final.
- All Tea Cosies entered will be on display for the duration of the exhibition, which will run from Tuesday 18 to Sunday, 23 August 2020.
- Winners will be announced on Tuesday 18 August – the opening day of the Dungog Tea Party.
- Your Tea Cosy may be collected from Thursday 31 August 2020. If you are unable to collect, we will post your tea cosy creations back to you. Please note that your Tea Cosy will not be posted unless return postage has been paid for, we will invoice this individually after the event is completed.